Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Time...

If only time would just slow down! It is so fun to have a newborn again and even more fun to watch Eli learn and grow too! Here are a few highlights from the last week or so:
Sunday, October 7, 2012
Our sweet Owen was given a name and a blessing over conference weekend. We were so lucky to have so much family for Eli's blessing, but we knew that with everyone's schedule that we probably wouldn't be as lucky this time around. We've had lots of visitors and will have more in November, but none planned on staying on a Sunday, so we got permisison to have a blessing in our home the Sunday that Craig's parents would be here. The blessing was so sweet, and made me so grateful for the man that I married. He is a good husband, father, and priesthood holder. A special little surprise for us was the fact that my parents could "come" to the blessing via skype! It's not the same as having them there, but it wasn't something that I had planned on, but the member of the bishopric that was there gave us permission, and it was really nice to have my mom and dad, AND my Grandma and Grandpa Wagner AND my cousin Devyn and her sweet baby Hazel. :))
 I feel like I say this all the time, but I haven't said it here on this blog: We are so lucky to live close to my Uncle Dan and Aunt Stacy and their cute family. It has been so fun getting to know them better over these past few months!
 I think this is one of my favorite pictures because it captures Craig's dad to a "t" from the way that he holds his grandbabies to the smile on his face... love it! It was so nice to have him here to play with the boys last week. Here are a few pictures from Grandma and Grandpa Fisher's trip:
We went on walks...
and to the Zoo! We didn't get very many pictures, we were having too much fun chasing Eli! I think he is at the perfect age to go to the zoo. He knew a lot of the animals and was so excited to be there. The Denver Zoo is way big... we'll have to go again to see the rest of the animals!
 "I ride the TIGER!"
 On the train
 

And some pictures from Sunday, October 14...Owen's one month mark!



 That's right... he rolled over three, yes three, times on Sunday! The last 3 pictures prove it! When his head goes one way, his body follows BUT we'll take it.
 He's still Mr. stoneface. The day I see a smile AND open eyes is one I am looking forward to!
During our little "photoshoot" we had owen on his belly. Craig asked Eli to show Owen how to crawl, so Eli spent about 10minutes crawling around the room. hah. silly boy.
I feel that lately a lot of attention has gone to Owen, but I want to remember what is going on with Eli. He is a little chatter box and is starting to carry on conversations with us.
Some common Eli phrases include:
"Oh HIIII mom!"
"I like it!"
"My name is Eli Paul Fisher! (Pronounced E-I Pow Fissure)"
"What you doin'?"
"I try it."
"OOOhhhhhhkaaaay!"
"Oh hi baby Owen! He's so cute!"
He still loves cars, trucks and trains, but lately he has spent a lot of time playing with his letter puzzle, magnetic letters on the fridge, and his letter flashcards. He loves the alphabet song, barney and is starting to really LOVE singing. It is so fun to hear him sing to himself. While playing with his cars and trains, I frequently see this little concentrated face:

Man, I love my Eli guy and my Owen man...I'm really enjoying this time that I have at home with them, so time please just slow down, pretty please? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment